Tactical exercises in badminton games can include or cover two main goals: tactical knowledge, and tactical abilities, while in preparing tactics consisting of:
1. Theoretical instruction,
2. Practice training (practical training).
1. Theoretical Teaching
Teaching tactics mainly deals with giving or imparting tactical knowledge. In badminton games, tactical behavior is taught in accordance with the rules of the game and game rules so the athlete has the possibility of studying his opponent, studying the circumstances of the game, adapting to the local climate, taking advantage of breaks, etc.
Studying different game patterns is a very important teaching tactic. Teaching these tactics may include:
a. Acts or behavior of individual tactics, is correcting positions in the field, assessing opponents, attack or defense strategies and others;
b. Couples tactics, such as cooperation between members of the couple;
c. Team tactics. In the badminton game the team tactics are more emphasized on how to arrange or compose the order of players which will be competed first, for example player A will be installed on the sequence to how.
Important components in teaching tactics are:
1. Preparation for the match. This preparation includes, such as the objectives of the competition to be achieved, the possibility of formation of opposing players, weak points and opponent forces in attack or defense systems, opponent game systems, opponent game types, opponent attack style, and others. Then the teaching of tactics includes a plan or design how to neutralize or offer an opponent’s power point and take advantage of the opponent’s weak points. This is a picture or a special image for athletes to use it.
2. Teach (train) during the game, which includes teaching immediately before the game and during the break.
3. Evaluate matches. Evaluation of the match does not have to be immediately after the game, if the athlete is still in exhaustion. The appearance of single, double or team game athletes is evaluated so that an analysis of the positive and negative aspects of the match can be well discussed. It aims to find out whether the desired goals are met or not.
Theoretical teaching should be assisted with audio-visual equipment, such as pictures, movie charts, video recordings, and more. This tool aims to help improve the quality of athletes’ observations and on the analysis of performance results. Because the results of this evaluation provide an overview for further exercises (preparations). Theoretical teaching should be combined directly with practice. However, athletes should practice tactics after having theoretical understanding and mental processes (thinking).
2. Practice Exercises Practice practice is a continuation and unity with theoretical explorations, in practice this practice can follow the principles of general methods, namely:
a. From the easy to the tough;
b. From the initiated to the uninitiated;
c. From the most important to the least important.
In badminton games important stages in practice practice tactics, mainly are:
a. Exercise tactics are combined with engineering grafting. Technical skills at various stages of training should be transferred into the implementation of techniques, whereby the application of techniques and tactics in various match situations runs together and is linked.
b. Exercise of complex tactical skills, the complex tactical ability of the athlete can be trained in accordance with methodical principles gradually enhanced various tactical abilities. The athlete is first brought into the situation where he chooses between two possible actions. Then the possibility should be created as an effort to increase cohesiveness.
Well that’s a little description of the practice of tactics in badminton that you can try, hopefully provide additional for my friends. thanks.